Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Saving Money on Hotel Rooms

Soon the Tour de Lily will continue with a drive up to Beach Haven, New Jersey to visit my aunt. Although we will stay with my aunt in Beach Haven, I need to find hotels for the drive to and from New Jersey. Often I use websites such as Priceline or Hotwire  combined with Better Bidding to find cheap hotel rooms.

However, on this trip I plan to combine Holiday Inn promotions to get a good deal. Currently Holiday Inn is offering a $75 gift card (link) when someone stays two consecutive weekend nights at a participating hotel. In addition, Holiday Inn Priority Club is offering 5,000 bonus points for 3 nights stay this summer. Priority Club members can use those 5,000 points for a free nights stay at select hotels. Finally, I play to stay at a Staybridge Suites (part of the Holiday Inn family of hotels) that caters to business travels during the week. During the weekend, room rates drop drastically. I plan to spend about $300 dollars out of pocket for 3 nights. However, I will also receive $75 dollar gift card and points for a free nights stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment