Monday, June 25, 2012

FOAMHENGE!!!!!


The name says it all...



So, we (as in, Heather, Lily, and my brother-in-law Scott) managed to travel 540 miles today from "Casa de Roller" to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia!  After about 500 of those miles, we stopped off at a place called Foamhenge (please imagine multiple deep voices speaking in unison)!


The iconic, awe-inspiring Foamhenge!!!


For those that cannot afford the trip to England (or for those that have been to England twice and passed on the overpriced tours there), this is a more budget-friendly alternative as admission is FREE!!!  That's right, FREE!!!


"Free?!?!?  Hey, that made me smile!"
The backstory on Foamhenge (again, cue multiple deep voices in unison, please) is that about 4-5 Mexicans and a crazy white guy (not me) built out of blocks of recycled foam weighing upwards of 420 lbs. each!  Sadly, it appears to be only a partial replica as it was under construction.  But, then again, that's the price of it being FREE!!!  Because of its cheesiness, creativity, and being a budget-friendly option, I give this my stamp of approval (which I forgot to pack).  So, in lieu of that, I'll just post a family photo instead...


In between shots, we stopped to play dominoes...


More from on the road, down the road...  Heading to New Jersey tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment