Thursday, January 24, 2013

Secret Santa

Okay, so this is about a month late for the Christmas theme, but allow me to explain...  Since the start of the new year, we have been doing some decluttering in our house (you know, that place we are typically at when we are not traveling).  This week, I managed to find something in my office from a Secret Santa at work from years' past:  a deck of National Geographic playing cards!  What makes these unique is that they have pictures of various peoples, places, or things that are in unique parts of the world--okay, for the most part, it's landmarks.  So, back to this short story...  I took a few minutes to go through the deck and pick out the ones I have seen.  Stat-wise, I had a hand of nine cards...

In poker, this would be a pair of sixes...


So, which ones have I collected, so far?

The Eiffel Tower!
(Paris, France)

The Leaning Tower of Pisa!
(Pisa, Italy)

The Golden Gate Bridge!
(San Francisco, California)

The Gateway Arch!
(St. Louis, Missouri)

Mount Rushmore!
(South Dakota)

Big Ben!
(London, England)

The Sydney Opera House!
(Sydney, Australia)

St. Peter's Basilica
(Vatican City)

Oh, and the last one happened to be the Ace of Spades!

The Colosseum!
(Rome, Italy)

No comments:

Post a Comment